Thursday, March 11, 2010

Butterscotch Rolls

Butterscotch Rolls

18-20 frozen Rhodes rolls
½ package NON-instant Butterscotch pudding
1 cube butter (1/2 cup)
½ cup brown sugar
Cinnamon to taste
1 cup diced pecans (optional)

Place frozen rolls in 9x13 baking pan. Sprinkle the pudding mix over the rolls. Melt the butter and add brown sugar and cinnamon (I usually add about ½ tsp). Mix well and pour over the rolls. Sprinkle with pecans. Cover pan with towel and place on counter overnight to raise. Bake in morning.
Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.

**You can do this in morning and let raise during the day for an evening treat!

***I have made these for years (an old Springville recipe – my best recipes came out of Springville, UT - and my best cooking lessons aside from my mother and grandmother, were from there as well - in our wonderful Relief Society-oh what sweet memories with Delores Crandall(the queen and master of homemaking and baking who I couldn’t learn fast enough from!) and Marge Morgan, Ellen Anderson, Sister Wilson, Ann Moyle
and my dear sweet friend - my partner in crime - Bonnie Rowley!!)

When the kids were little they didn’t like the nuts so I quit putting them in- and now that the kids are gone, I keep forgetting to add the nuts, even though I LOVE pecans—
old habits die hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment