Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sugar gems

Sugar Gems
from The Sister’s Cafe

Note* I like to underbake these because when you cook them for 12-14 min. I think it is to long. So I bake them for 10-11 min. and them let them sit on the cookie sheet for a minute. I also just roll the cookie in sugar and then flatten them with a cup and then I don't frost them because I think they are sweet enough.

Cream together:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup oil
1 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
Add:
5 cups flour
1 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
Mix all ingredients well. Roll into golf size balls and place on cookie sheets. Flatten with bottom of glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes. Cool and frost with sugar gem frosting.
Sugar Gem Frosting
2-2 ½ cups powdered sugar
½ cup oil
2 tsp flavoring (almond, vanilla, coconut, etc.) – I used coconut flavoring and it was delicious!
3-4 Tbsp milk
Coloring if wanted
Mix well and add a little more milk or powdered sugar to get the right consistency

No comments:

Post a Comment