Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Brownie Bites

So delicious!!!

THESE ARE VERY FAST AND EASY TO MAKE!! I found the recipe in my Woman’s Day magazine from the October issue that I received and I think I have already made them four times! I have already played with this recipe and altered it several times and finally come up with the right mix of chocolate chips for my taste so you will have to do the same for yourself and your family. I will just give the original and my version in parenthesis. Also, I like to dip a raspberry in sugar and place on top of ganache for a little extra taste and to dress them up a bit! The other good thing about this recipe is that I like that they are little-because if you are trying to control how much sugar you are eating, you can eat just a little and not be tempted to eat a HUGE big brownie! They keep very well and this recipe can easily be cut in half if you don’t want four dozen (for people like Steve and I where there are only two of us!!)

A SIDE NOTE: This recipe requires that you use the mini- muffin tins for these brownie bites. I bought mine at Wallmart a while back since I make so many mini cupcakes. They come in one large tray that makes 24 muffins or cupcakes at a time. They are not too expensive. I think mine was around 10 dollars considering what some bakeware costs these days!


MAKES 4 DOZEN (1 brownie bite is 118 cal, 1 g protein, 11 g car, 1 g fiber, 8 g fat)

2 sticks butter (1 cup)
1 ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips (I used half semi-sweet and dark chocolate)
1 cup sugar
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour (I sift all my flour)

GANACHE
½ cup heavy cream
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (1/2 cup dark and ½ bittersweet)

You can garnish with pink pearl dragees (opt

1.Heat oven to 350. Line mini-muffin pans with paper liners. You can find these in the baking section at any grocery store.
2.Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Add chocolate chips; stir until melted and smooth. Remove pan from heat. Briskly stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour until blended. Fill each baking cup with a slightly rounded Tbsp of batter. (If you have a small ice cream scoop that you use for making cookies, it is perfect for this!!)
3. Bake 12-13 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Watch as all ovens are different. Cool on wire rack.
4. GANACHE: Place heavy cream in medium glass bowl . Microwave on high for 1 minute. Add chocolate chips and let stand 1 or 2 minutes. Stir until melted and smooth. (I melt the chips and heavy cream in a HEAVY pan on LOW heat on the stove and it works great but I watch it carefully and it only takes a second-so if you are not sure-try the safer method of the microwave). Spread a tsp on top of each brownie bite and decorate with dragee or a sugared raspberry.

My preferred method is to put the ganache into a small Ziploc bag and then cut a TINY corner of the bag with scissors and squeeze a small amount of the ganache onto the top of each brownie bite. That way, you don’t have a messy brownie, it looks prettier, and more the raspberry sits atop a very nice and not messy looking brownie bite!!

No comments:

Post a Comment